We are pleased to pass on this information to you. Please contact the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, directly, if you have any questions or are in need of further information.
Housing Choice Vouchers Enrollment Begins on Monday June 13th at 9:00 a.m. and will end on Friday, June 17th, at 5:00 p.m.
The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (DCA), Division of Housing and Community Resources (DHCR) will be accepting pre-applications on-line for 10,100 Housing Choice Vouchers (HCV) in all twenty-one (21) New Jersey Counties.
The number of pre-applications being accepted by County.
· Atlantic - 350
· Bergen - 900
· Burlington - 500
· Camden - 575
· Cape May - 200
· Cumberland - 275
· Essex - 850
· Gloucester - 350
· Hudson - 725
· Hunterdon - 200
· Mercer - 450
· Middlesex - 825
· Monmouth - 650
· Morris - 525
· Ocean - 625
· Passaic - 600
· Salem - 175
· Somerset - 375
· Sussex - 200
· Union - 575
· Warren - 175
Key requirements and information related to the pre-application process.
· All pre-applications submitted online from June 13, 2016 at 9:00am to June 17, 2016 at 5:00pm will be entered into a database and a lottery system will be used to select pre-applications. See link for preliminary application below.
· Pre-applications for housing assistance will be accepted from very low-income individuals and families based on the income limits established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. See link for income limits below.
· Applicants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to apply, or be an emancipated minor. YOU MUST HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS TO APPLY.
· Only one (1) pre-application per household per county will be accepted.
· Web browsers like Google Chrome, Fire Fox or Internet Explorer 10 or higher are recommended.
· The HCV Program is a federally funded program that provides housing subsidies on behalf of low-income persons for decent, safe and sanitary housing. Persons applying must meet all of the US Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) income and eligibility requirements. See link for income limits below.
· Maximum Income Limits: Your total household income cannot exceed the limits shown on the income charts for the County in which you are applying. Be sure to use the figure for the size of your household. The chart only goes up to 8 household members. If you have a larger household, please contact DCA at 609-292-2528 for assistance in determining the maximum income limits for your household. See link for income limits below.
· If you are disabled and need assistance with submitting your pre-application, please contact DCA at 609-292-4080 and select Option 1 or 8 from the Menu and request a reasonable accommodation.
· Individuals selected by the lottery will be notified via email which may take several weeks.
Housing Choice Voucher Program:http://www.nj.gov/dca/
Website Link for Preliminary Application:https://www.